Significantly decreasing body temperature has been clinically proven to reduce exercise-induced inflammation in the body.
Cryotherapy, once reserved for wealthy, professional athletes, has been hailed the most advanced recovery technology in the U.S. And now, MODE is the only gym in Chicago to offer this invaluable way to speed recovery times after challenging workouts.
How It Works
You step into a chamber, and in up to three minutes, Cryotherapy uses liquid nitrogen to take your body temperature down from 98F to negative 220F using liquid nitrogen. The treatment allows you to recover from over-exertion in half the time, so you can quickly get back on track toward achieving your health and fitness goals.
- Speeds up athletic recovery time
- Relieves muscle aches and pains
- Eases inflammation
- Increases energy
- Boosts metabolism to support weight loss
- Bolsters the immune system
- Improves blood circulation and the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body
- Helps the body eliminate toxins
- Improves skin condition and slows the skin’s aging process by upregulating natural collagen production
MODE is proud to offer Cryosense ©, which also has a thermocontrast feature (extreme cold to extreme heat). The infographic below explains how to navigate thermocontrast sessions.